The Federation of the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA and its provincial partner Associations) is committed to protecting the integrity of the SCMP designation and ensuring that only those who have achieved and then maintain their designation in good standing have the ability to call themselves a SCMP. As part of this mandate requested by members, SCMP Designation holders whose membership with the Association lapses, or who do not fulfill their CPD Maintenance requirements in the prescribed time period, will face penalties when trying to re-establish their designation in good standing. The charts below explain the penalties and timeframes in which they occur.
You can check your member and maintenance status by following these steps:
- Log into the SCMA AB Online Portal.
- On the portal homepage, ‘My Membership’ is displayed. Here your membership status is listed under ‘Member Type’ as ‘Regular’ if your membership status is active and ‘Non-Member’ if it is in-active. Your membership expiry date will also be displayed.
- To check your CPD status click on ‘Continuous Professional Development’ on the left hand menu.
- Your CPD Activities window will open displaying the information. (Only the most current 3-year cycle will be displayed.)
Lapsed Membership (due to non-payment of membership fees)
|Your Renewal Date + 60 Days||
|RD + 120 Days||
|RD + 5 Years||
Failure to Complete CPD Requirement
- The deadline to earn CPD Maintenance Credits in a given year is December 31st of that year. Members will be informed of their CPD status when they receive their first renewal notice, approximately 45 days before their renewal date.
- The deadline to report on CPD Maintenance Earning Activities for the year before is January 31st.
- Anyone failing to report their CPD status, or who did not achieve the required 30 CPD maintenance credits will face the penalties detailed below
CPD Member Portal Instructions
Instructions for viewing and updating CPD points in the SCMA Member Portal.
SCMA AB is here to support you in your professional development in supply chain management. As such, in some circumstances exemptions, postponements or extensions for the above penalties will be considered. You may Contact SCMA Alberta regarding any potential exemption requests.