Today’s global market demands skilled practitioners to support the management of increasingly complex upstream and downstream supply chain activities. SCMA Alberta’s Supply Management Training (SMT) meets this need by providing a series of tactical courses and seminars that develop a solid skills base.
The SMT program will equip early to mid- career practitioners with the necessary skills to support supply chain functions and related business skills, which will help advance their careers.
Who Will Benefit From Supply Management Training
The training will be of interest to anyone seeking knowledge of supply management at an early to mid-career level:
- Junior buyers, purchasing assistants, production planners, warehouse clerks, material handlers, logistics administrators, inventory co-ordinators as well as associates, analysts and specialists
- Individuals who work outside of the supply management field but have some procurement, logistics, transportation or operations responsibilities
- Those with supervisory/management responsibility seeking basic knowledge of their direct reports’ supply management functional areas
- Anyone who influences an organization’s procurement decisions
There is no pre-requisite to enrolling in individual Supply Management Training (SMT) courses and seminars. English or French language proficiency and basic math skills are required.
Steps to get into the SMT Diploma Program
- Fill out the SMT Diploma Enrolment Form PDF (227.25 KB)
- If you would like to receive recognition for prior supply chain courses taken at a post secondary institution please fill out the SMT Diploma Advanced Standing Application Form PDF (236.18 KB)
- Students must apply to SCMA AB to enroll into the SMT Diploma Program. To receive the Diploma, all requirements must be completed. Click here PDF (223 KB) for the SMT Diploma Enrolment Form.
- If you would like to apply for membership with SCMA fill out the Application for Membership
- In Class Courses: SCMA AB has outsourced the In-Class courses - click here to view the schedule and register for the in-class SMT program through our education partners.
- Online Courses: click here to view the schedule and register for the SMT-online courses
Terms and Conditions
Please read Terms and Conditions - Educational Offerings (PDF, 524 KB, updated March 1, 2017) document for information pertaining to new enrollees and those candidates already enrolled into the educational programs, through SCMA Alberta.
For more information, please contact SCMA AB.