Today’s global market demands skilled practitioners to support the management of complex supply chains. SCMA’s Supply Management Training (SMT) meets this need by providing a series of tactical courses and seminars that develop a solid skills base.
The SMT program will equip early to mid- career practitioners with the necessary skills to support supply chain functions and related business skills, which will help advance their careers. If you don’t work in supply management, but have some procurement, logistics, or operations responsibilities, these courses would also be very beneficial. Equally, they would be advantageous if you supervise individuals with those responsibilities.
Who Will Benefit From Supply Management Training
The training will be of interest to anyone seeking knowledge of supply management at an early to mid-career level:
- Junior buyers, purchasing assistants, production planners, warehouse clerks, material handlers, logistics administrators, inventory co-ordinators as well as associates, analysts and specialists
- Individuals who work outside of the supply management field but have some procurement, logistics, transportation or operations responsibilities
- Those with supervisory/management responsibility seeking basic knowledge of their direct reports’ supply management functional areas
- Anyone who influences an organization’s procurement decisions
Supply Management Training Diploma/Certificate
Individuals who take all the Supply Management Training courses and workshops may be eligible to apply for a Diploma/Certificate in Supply Management. Pre-requisites may vary depending on local legislation – please check with your local Institute for details.
How to Register
For registration information, please select the province where you currently reside:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northern Territories
- Nova Scotia
Courses & Workshops at a Glance
Technical Courses (13 lessons per Course)
- SMT - Procurement
- SMT - Logistics
- SMT - Transportation
- SMT - Operations Management
Soft Skills Development (2-4 days per workshop)
- SMT - Communication & Relational Skills
- SMT - Negotiation Skills
- SMT - Competitive Bidding and Contract Management
Business Management Knowledge (2 days per Seminar)
- SMT - Accounting and Finance
- SMT - Marketing
- SMT - Business Planning
For a full description of SMT courses and seminars, please consult the SMT Education Handbook (PDF, 636 KB)
Interested in having a group of employees participate in SMT training courses or workshops? SCMA can provide customized programs for your workplace, which can be delivered on site. Contact your local SCMA Institute to find out more.