Academic Affiliation in SCMA™ is available to professors teaching for a Canadian university or college (private or public) either full-time or part-time (excluding sessional) in a supply chain-related program.
The Academic Affiliate fee is 50% of the individual membership fee per year as set by your regional SCMA™ Institute.
Academic Affiliation in SCMA™ provides a number of valuable benefits, which include:
- Access to the online membership directory to facilitate the development of your personal network of supply chain professionals
- Leveraging local SCMA Members™ to provide content for your courses (which helps them earn Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points)
- Learning about opportunities for your students to be introduced to the supply chain profession as soon as they are available
- Information, communications and outreach that will keep you up to date on the issues and developments affecting the supply chain sector
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals through local or regional events
- Demonstrating your commitment to professionalism to your students (You are encouraged to list your membership on your business card, LinkedIn, resumé, etc.)
- Discounted access to professional development and educational opportunities (at the discretion of the institute)
- Complimentary subscription to Supply Chain Canada – SCMA’s flagship supply chain management magazine
- Complimentary subscription to the electronic version of industry trade publications – choices are: PurchasingB2B, MM&D, Canadian Shipper
- Discounts on auto insurance
- Access to the MemberPerks program that provides discounts for goods and services from retailers across the country