During 2013-2016, the strategic priorities of SCMA™ shall be to:
- Undertake employer market research with the goals to:
- Benchmark vision progress,
- Identify gaps between current supply chain management professionals’ skill set and the employers’ perceptions of performance, and
- Identify gaps between current supply chain management professionals’ skill set and the employers’ perceptions of capabilities.
- Revamp the marketing program to promote the profession to employers with the goals to:
- Refine messages so as to achieve changes in employers’ perceptions of the capabilities of the supply chain management professional, and
- Expand marketing program to reach more employers.
- Revamp research, educational and other mission-programs on a prioritized basis with the goals to:
- Incorporate knowledge and skills required to narrow the gap between supply chain management professionals’ skill set and employers’ perceptions of performance, and
- Address delivery issues that hinder performance and/or fall short of member expectations and our core values.
- Increase efforts to promote the profession to the public with the goals to:
- Refine messages based on employer research findings, and the related employer marketing and education program changes, and
- Expand marketing program to attract more future professionals.
- Complete efforts to align and restructure SCMA™ with a goal to:
- Identify and implement mergers and partnerships,
- Re-allocate resources for improved mission progress and vision results, and
- Better reflect core values.
EXTENSION TO SCMA™ STRATEGIC PLAN 2016-2017
Communicate and promote to public and private sector employers the value of investing in a professional supply chain management workforce.
- Increase in the number of students in the training programs
- Increase in the % of employers paying membership dues
- Increase in the % of employers paying for training/certification
Offer internationally recognized, relevant and accessible education in supply chain management.
- Number of alliances and partnerships
- Growth of international on-line registrations
- Number of international students enrolled in SCMA programs™
- Number of requests to respond to RFP’s
- Intake of students from post-secondary institutions
Deliver a compelling and quantifiable member value proposition.
- Increase in membership – new and retention
- Increase the engagement %
Reinforce SCMA's market position as the premier association for professionals in end to end supply chain management.
- Membership trends in SCMA™ vis a vis our competitors
- Increase in % of non-procurement practitioners
- Outreach – number of media enquiries, number of times called on to give an opinion, number of times quoted in the media