Today’s global market demands skilled practitioners to support the management of increasingly complex upstream and downstream supply chain activities. SCMA New Brunswick’s Supply Management Training (SMT) meets this need by providing a series of tactical courses and seminars that develop a solid skills base. The SMT program will equip early to mid- career practitioners with the necessary skills to support supply chain functions and related business skills, which will help advance their careers.
Who Will Benefit From Supply Management Training
The training will be of interest to anyone seeking knowledge of supply management at an early to mid-career level:
- Junior buyers, purchasing assistants, production planners, warehouse clerks, material handlers, logistics administrators, inventory co-ordinators as well as associates, analysts and specialists
- Individuals who work outside of the supply management field but have some procurement, logistics, transportation or operations responsibilities
- Those with supervisory/management responsibility seeking basic knowledge of their direct reports’ supply management functional areas
- Anyone who influences an organization’s procurement decisions
There is no pre-requisite to enrolling in individual Supply Management Training (SMT) courses and seminars. English or French language proficiency and basic math skills are required.
Technical Courses (13 lessons per Course)
- SMT - Procurement
- SMT - Logistics
- SMT - Transportation
- SMT - Operations Management
Soft Skills Development (2-4 days per workshop)
- SMT - Communication & Relational Skills
- SMT - Negotiation Skills
- SMT - Competitive Bidding and Contract Management
Business Management Knowledge (2 days per Seminar)
- SMT - Accounting and Finance
- SMT - Marketing
- SMT - Business Planning
For a full description of SMT courses and seminars, please consult the SMT Education Handbook (PDF, 636 KB).
For more information, please contact SCMA NB.