To promote and improve supply management practices in Newfoundland & Labrador and further the status of individuals engaged in the profession. We will accomplish this through education and raising the awareness of the supply management profession within Newfoundland & Labrador.
SCMA's vision is to be the recognized authority for the profession of supply chain management.
- Encourage research and development in the procurement and materials management field;
- Establish and encourage the application of high standards of ethical conduct among its members;
- Promote and improve procurement and materials management practices;
- Protect the general public from incompetence or unethical practices of those responsible for purchasing of goods and services;
- Further the status of individuals engaged in purchasing management;
- Promote cooperation among its members and with other purchasing associations;
- Publish information of interest and benefit to its members; and
- Cooperate in the establishment of courses in universities and colleges of benefit to its members.