The accreditation program leading to the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation sets the national standard for excellence in Supply Chain Management in Canada. It is the most sought-after achievement in the profession, and the mark of strategic leadership. An SCMP delivers innovative leadership, strategic thinking and brings the most advanced skills to add value to your organization in a changing global marketplace.
The SCMP Designation Program is suitable for those seeking to launch or accelerate their career in supply chain and who work or intend to work at a management or executive level.
The program is competency-based and participatory in nature with a focus on analysis, teamwork and decision-making. This designation reflects all the disciplines within supply chain management by integrating procurement, operations and logistics.
The program is accredited by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management as complying with its Certificate of Competence in Purchasing and Supply. SCMA's program is the only one in Canada to be accredited by IFPSM.
The requirements have also been assessed as meeting the full standard of the Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council (CSCSC) National Accreditation Program. SCMA's programs were among the first group of programs to receive accreditation through the Sector Council.
Note: Supply Chain Management Professional designation (SCMP) , replaces the Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.).
The SCMP Designation Program consist of the following components:
- 8 Modules which cover the core areas of supply chain management,
- 6 Interactive Workshops which address higher-level business skills in two-, three- or four-day sessions,
- In-Residence Week which integrates and advances knowledge gained during modules and workshops; also provides final examination preparation,
- Final Examination which tests knowledge acquired throughout the program and practical experience in a two-day case-based exam
- Progressive Practical Experience Requirement: A minimum of three years of progressive experience in any aspect of supply chain management
Delivery: Modules are in-class, or online; workshops are in-class only.
Business degree or diploma or equivalent courses, or a minimum of 10 years related work experience with a minimum of five of those years at a supervisory level or above
Admissions and Registrations
In order to earn the SCMP Designation, you must be admitted to the program, be an SCMA Alberta member, and successfully complete all the program components.
View Breakdown of Courses & Fees (PDF, 112 KB)
How to obtain SCMP Designation
- Upon successful completion of 8 Modules, 6 Interactive Workshops, In-Residence Week, Final Exam and Practical Work Experience, students will be eligible to receive the Designation
- Successful SCMP graduates will be invited to the SCMA Alberta Convocation and Dinner
A total overall program grade of 60% is required to successfully complete the program and be awarded the SCMP designation.
Terms and Conditions
Please read Terms and Conditions (PDF, 524 KB, updated March 1, 2017) document for information pertaining to new enrollees and those candidates already enrolled into the educational programs, through SCMA Alberta.