- Why do I need to apply to my local institute before registering?
- How can I enroll in a course?
- How do I order/get my textbook?
- May I register for more than one course at the same time?
- Can I pay by cheque?
- Will I be eligible for a refund or credit if I am unable to complete the course?
- What is the refund policy?
- If I take once course online would I have to complete all of the remaining courses to receive the certification online? Do I need to take them in a specific order?
- How is this different from the distance learning options already offered?
- How many hours will I need to dedicate weekly to each course?
- When can I access the course?
- What if I cannot complete the course before my access expires?
- Are there specific software or browser requirements to run the online programs?
- How do I submit my assignments?
- Will I be able to view my grades and assignment feedback online?
- How do I contact my Tutor?
- How will the exam be administered and will it be written online?
- How am I notified that I have passed/failed?
- How can I receive further assistance?
- How do I register for the SMT Diploma or SMT Certificate?
A: Registration in the SMT Program is required for completion of the certification. Your local institute grants the certification once all components have been completed.
A: You can enroll online
A: Once you are registered, the SCMA-AB Coordinator will ship the textbook to your preferred mailing address.
You can register for more than one course at the same time. This is not recommended as the courses will require 6 to 9 hours per week of your time for study and completion.
A: Yes, you have the option of putting a PO number into the payment section. Your course will not be activated until the payment has been received by SCMA Alberta.
- Where course Textbooks have been provided, all refunds are subject to the prepaid returned in unmarked and reusable condition of the Textbook within 5 business days of receipt of the written notice. If returned Textbooks are damaged or in any way deemed unusable, any refunds will be issued less a $200 service charge.
- Registrants may not transfer to a future class after the start date of online courses. Exceptions for extenuating circumstances may be granted on an individual basis but only to the next course offering and one time only. A $100 plus tax service charge will apply. Students may also be required to purchase a new textbook should it change before the next offering.
A: Refunds will be issued at the discretion of the Program Registrar.
A: You do not need to take them all online. You can go back and forth between online and class room format for each course. There is no specific order but SMT-Procurement is the recommended first course.
A: It is much more interactive than the current distance learning version. The materials and functionality are more integrated and user-friendly. The content has been updated and refined to reflect current supply chain practices. The assignments and approach to workload have been designed to more closely resemble the classroom experience. Tutors will be more accessible to students to provide coaching and feedback.
A: Generally, participants can expect to spend an average of 6 to 9 hours per week on each lesson. Some are a little heavier than others. You can work through the course at your own pace.
A: Access to the online courses will be granted on the next course start date. You will have 13 weeks (91 days) to complete each online course (including the final exam).
A: System Requirements
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12, Chrome 18, Safari 5, or newer
- Sound card and speakers are highly recommended
- Adobe Reader, free download
- Adobe Flash Player, free download
- High Speed Internet is highly recommended
- Browsers not listed above may not display content correctly
A: You will submit your assignments by uploading them to the course site. Every exercise has an upload page with detailed instruction on how to submit your assignment.
A: There is a Completion Summary under the “My Account” tab, which contains all of your grades and feedback next to the appropriate session and exercise. You can print completion letters and certificates from this page.
A: You can contact the Tutor through the built-in online course site messaging system. Selecting “Private Message” or the “Contact Us” areas throughout the course will send a message to your Tutor or the SCMA AB office.
A: The exam will be administered online. You are required to have a proctor invigilate your exam. There is a request for proctor information in the course which must be submitted prior to your access to the exam. Follow instruction given in the exam carefully as you can lose access to the exam should you close your browser. All components of the course, including the evaluation form must be completed before you can access the exam. The exams contain multiple choice, true/false and short answer questions.
A: A completion letter will be issued online upon successful completion of the course.
For Technical issues please include the following information:
-Web Browser and version number
-Where possible, include a screen shot
In all other provinces, this course is part of the Supply Chain Management Training Diploma program.
Contact your local Program Registrar or click here for more information.