Business Case for Attending the Conference
Building a business case to attend the SCMA AB Conference, Golf and Gala Dinner doesn’t have to be a daunting task. We have prepared some benefits of attendance that you can include in your report, and helpful tips that will ensure you highlight the importance of your conference attendance for your organization.
Why attend the SCMA AB Conference, Golf and Gala Dinner?
Snapshot from the 2017 Conference and Gala Dinner
SCMA AB expects more than 200 top procurement and supply chain decision-makers from across Alberta to come together at the conference to discover the latest developments and best practices in the profession.
With unparalleled education and networking opportunities, the SCMA AB Conference, Golf and Gala Dinner is an excellent forum for supply chain professionals to gain a competitive advantage in the changing marketplace, for their organization.
SCMA AB Conference, Golf and Gala Dinner
- Is the Premier Conference for Supply Chain Professionals in Alberta. Learning is facilitated via general sessions, case studies, organized networking and keynote speakers.
- Gives you the opportunity to hear from industry experts on a vast array of supply chain-related topics.
- Provides insights and practical solutions to challenges faced by supply chain professionals which can be applied immediately.
- Allows you to interact with other Alberta supply chain professionals and learn best practices specific to this province.
- Gives you an opportunity to enjoy a challenging game at the Golf Tournament along with other supply chain professionals.
Knowledge is power
- Supply chain management is dynamic and ever-changing. Companies benefit most when their supply chain is managed by a professional, well-versed in current best-practices. The biggest competitive advantage that a company can have in uncertain economic times is an effective and efficient supply chain. Attendance will help you to support your company’s business objectives through an enhanced supply chain.
- All company assets require maintenance and enhancements; you are no different. Just as there are resources committed to maintaining and enhancing other assets, human capital requires investment and maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
- Not only will you learn at the conference, but you can share what you've learned with your colleagues when you return. This will multiply the ROI on your company's investment in your conference attendance many times over.
- Developing in-house assets through professional development will enable less outsourcing and greater efficiency.
- If attending with colleagues, highlight how you will coordinate with them to maximize your time at sessions and avoid overlap.
- Look at your company's business goals and connect them directly to a topic being covered at the conference.
Why attend an Alberta conference?
- Many of the challenges faced by Alberta companies are unique to us.
- Due to different industries, Alberta companies often face different supply chain challenges.
- The differences in economic conditions, buying power, government, etc., may result in the need for Alberta-based solutions.
- Building a professional and expert network of mostly local contacts creates a specialized network of likeminded peers who are intimately familiar with the unique challenges faced by Canadian organizations.
Build your professional network and add value for your organization
Companies represented at the 2017 Conference and Gala Dinner
Over two hundred supply chain management professionals from across Alberta are expected to attend the Conference, as well as leading vendors and expert speakers. Don’t miss the opportunity to tap into this network and add valuable contacts.
- Make new business connections and network with C-suite and senior executives at the Golf tournament.
- Make a database of the experts you meet at the conference and share this network of experts with your team.
- Consult our delegate list.
- Attendance at the SCMA AB Conference, Golf and Gala Dinner may qualify for CPD credits towards your SCMP designation. Keep yourself up-to-date with the premier supply chain designation in Canada.
- If your employer invested in your SCMP designation, remind them of the important commitment you’ve both made to ensuring that you remain amongst the leaders in your field. The requirement for continuous professional development ensures all SCMP holders remain leaders in supply chain management.
- Golf and Two-day Conference: Twelve (12) CPD Credits
- Two-Day Conference attendance: Ten (10) CPD credits
- One-Day Conference attendance: Five (5) CPD credits
- Golf Tournament: Two (2) CPD Credits
Remember in your business case to:
- Clearly outline any challenges you are currently facing in your role, and/or important strategies or issues being addressed by your organization.
- State how you propose to address those issues that you have identified.
- Specify how your attendance at the conference will support the solutions you have proposed.
- Discuss the anticipated outcomes of inaction and the expected benefits of your proactive solutions.