- The SCMP accreditation is Canada's principal and most sought after professional designation for those entering the professional and advancing as leaders in supply chain.
This rigorous accredited program certifies that the SCMP has attained the highest level of professioanl compentency. Adherence to a Code of Ethics ensures that the SCMP subscibes to the highest level of integrity.
A continuous professional development requirement signifies that the SCMP maintains the highest leverl of current knowledge.
Membership in SCMA BC is mandatory for enrolment in the SCMP designation program. Membership dues will be processed on August 1 or upon acceptance, whichever is the latter. Membership can be processed earlier than August 1 if you wish to take advantage of membership benefits.
Meeting the Needs of Employers
With all areas of supply chain management increasingly impacting an organizations' competitiveness, today;s supply chain management professional is expected to:
- Be a strategic leader;
- Posess a big-picture perspective; and
- Be a skilled decision-maker
Seats are limited. Register early to allow time for processing your application. To apply for the SCMP Designation Program in-class or self-study, complete the Membership-Enrolment Application (PDF, 473.85 KB).
Processing time will vary depending on the number of applications received, and completeness of your application.
September 2019 SCMP Designation Program
Location: SFU Surrey Campus, BC
Begin Date: September 2019
End Date: June 2022
SCMP Designation Program September 2019 Information & Schedule (PDF, 92.56 KB)
Membership-Enrolment Application (PDF, 473.85 KB)
SCMA Education Handbook (PDF, 1.06 MB)
SCMP Advanced Standing Application (PDF, 195 KB)
Work Experience Recognition Application (PDF, 126 KB)
The SCMP Designation Program consist of the following components:
- 8 Modules which cover the core areas of supply chain management,
- 6 Interactive Workshops which address higher-level business skills in two, or four-day sessions,
- In-Residence Week which integrates and advances knowledge gained during modules and workshops; also provides final examination preparation,
- Final Examination which tests knowledge acquired throughout the program and practical experience in a two-day case-based exam
- Progressive Practical Experience Requirement: A minimum of three years of progressive experience in any aspect of supply chain management
SCMP Designation Program Extension or Withdrawal Application
The SCMP Program is designed to be completed in three years. Students accepted into the program are expected to complete the program in this time frame. SCMA realizes that sometimes life commitments change with work and family and extensions become necessary. One year extensions can be granted if requested in writing to the SCMA BC office at least 3-4 weeks prior to the semester start dates (usually the first/second week of the semester). An extension can be granted up to two times in the program.
All components of the SCMP Designation program must be completed within a 5-year time frame to be eligible for the designation. Should you choose to withdraw from the program, re-entry will only be considered within that 5-year time frame. Any re-entry to the program outside of the 5-year time frame will result in the necessity of previously taken courses being repeated.
Simon Fraser University
For more information, please contact SCMA BC.