An industry-created, industry-tested tool for the supply chain
The Connector is an online assessment tool that provides users with accurate assessments of their supply chain knowledge and their essential skills with respect to the 48 occupations for which the Council has written occupational standards. Based on knowledge gaps identified through the assessments, the tool generates customized learning plans and activities they can do to upgrade their competencies for current and desired roles. Finally, the tool links users to information about education and training available across Canada to build skills where gaps exist.
- Learn what’s required to work in key supply chain occupations
- Assess skills and knowledge in relation to specific supply chain roles
- Complete learning-plan recommendations to upgrade competencies and enhance career opportunities
- TransferAbility: Discover supply chain occupations that fit existing skills and knowledge – Excellent tool for those in transition
- Résumé Writer: Create a résumé quickly and easily based on information provided as part of evaluation process
Connector assessments, learning plans and resources are provided free of charge.
To get to the Connector tool, click here.
Use Connector to evaluate knowledge and skills with respect to the 48 occupations outlined in these occupational standards.
The tool gauges industry knowledge in seven areas:
It also focuses on six essential skills:
The assessments come in two versions; the short version takes about 10 minutes to complete, the long version about 20 minutes.
To view videos, click on images
|Connector introductory video||Canadian Shipper video: The Connector
November 26, 2015
Canadian Shipper video: "Supply Chain Toolkit"
Learn how to put Connector to use based on these real-life examples.
To view case studies, click on images
|To view the brochure,
click on the image