The Student Case Competition is a one-day annual event held on Saturday, February 24, 2018, during which student teams will be given a real-world strategic and tactical challenge to solve. The purpose of the competition is to provide a unique learning opportunity for post-secondary students while raising awareness of the areas of supply chain management as both a field of study and as a potential career path. Working in teams, the students will explore a scenario pertaining to a supply chain problem provided by a Canadian company and develop recommendations based on their research, data analysis, and study of financial implications.
This year’s host sites are:
- Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary in Calgary, Alberta
- Ron Joyce Centre, DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University in Burlington, Ontario
- Sobeys School of Business, Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia
How to get involved!
- As a judge: If you are an industry professional in a supply chain management position and an SCMA member; an SCMA sponsor who is also a supply chain management practitioner; an academic or a supply chain management consultant with your own practice, we invite you to lend your expertise! SCMPs can also gain 5 CPD credits through judging the Student Case Competition. To register as a judge, please see the SCMA Website.
- As a professor or instructor of supply chain or business students: Encourage your students to register for the Student Case Competition and help them prepare for the competition in February, and for a future career in supply chain management.