To promote and improve supply management practices in Nova Scotia and further the status of individuals engaged in the profession. We will accomplish this through education and raising the awareness of the supply management profession within Nova Scotia.
SCMA's vision is to be the recognized authority for the profession of supply chain management.
- Encourage research and development in the procurement and materials management field;
- Establish and encourage the application of high standards of ethical conduct among its members;
- Promote and improve procurement and materials management practices;
- Protect the general public from incompetence or unethical practices of those responsible for purchasing of goods and services;
- Further the status of individuals engaged in purchasing management;
- Promote cooperation among its members and with other purchasing associations;
- Publish information of interest and benefit to its members; and
- Cooperate in the establishment of courses in universities and colleges of benefit to its members.