Today’s global market demands skilled practitioners to support the management of complex supply chains. SCMA’s Supply Management Training (SMT) program meets this need by providing a series of tactical courses and seminars that develop a solid skills base.
The SMT program will equip early to mid-level practitioners with the necessary skills to support supply chain functions and related business skills, which will help advance their careers. If you don’t work in supply management, but have some procurement, logistics, or operations responsibilities, these courses would also be very beneficial. Equally, they would be advantageous if you supervise individuals with those responsibilities.
- No education or experience pre-requisites required
- SCMA membership not mandatory
- Select the courses or seminars that best meet your needs
- Take one or take multiple courses or seminars
- Combination of classroom and correspondence training to provide quality education for working professionals
To earn a Diploma/Certificate in Supply Management, you may take the courses and seminars individually, or complete them at the same time.
- Technical Courses (Online Self-Study; 13 weeks per course):
- SMT - Procurement
- SMT - Logistics
- SMT - Transportation
- SMT - Operations Management
- Soft-Skill Interactive Workshops (Instructor-Led; 2-4 days per workshop):
- IW2: Negotiation Skills
- IW3: Communication and Relational Skills
- IW4 Competitive Bidding and Contract Management
- Business Management Seminars (Instructor-Led; 2 days per seminar):
- SMT - Accounting and Finance
- SMT - Marketing
- SMT – Business Planning
For details on what courses and seminars are being offered between January and April 2018, download the SMT Education Schedule Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 (PDF, 151 KB).
Three Ways to Register
- Fill out the Registration Form Fall 2018 (PDF, 133 KB) and submit it to SCMA Nova Scotia
- Simply click on the link in the right column in SMT Educational Offerings and/or browse the Event Calendar
- Contact SCMA Nova Scotia
Pricing information is on the registration form. The registration fee includes electronic access to all course materials. Interactive Workshop fees include lunch and refreshments.
For more information on course and seminar availability, please contact SCMA Nova Scotia.
The SMT program is also available online.
How to Register
Current students and SCMA Members enter SMT Online through the Portal.
Non- Members who are registering for SMT Online for the first time must first create a profile to access the portal.