1. Are there prerequisites to take any Supply Management Training courses or seminars?
While the courses and seminars are ideally suited to early to mid-career practitioners, there are no prerequisites to register for this program.
2. Where are the technical courses offered, and how do I register?
The technical courses are available online or offered in-class at Sheridan College. They are each 13-weeks long.
To register for the online courses, please visit SMT Online Registration.
To register the in-class courses, please visit SMT In-Class Courses Registration. Sheridan College will work in conjunction with SCMAO to administer the course.
3. Where are the seminars offered, and how do I register?
Supply Management Training seminars are held at our office located in Downtown Toronto by the Eaton Centre at 1 Dundas Street West. They are 2- or 4-days long. (Consult SCMAO for locations outside the GTA). To view the upcoming schedule and to register for the seminars, please click here.
4. Can I take the technical courses in more than one format?
Yes, you can take the technical courses through a combination of in-class and online.
5. Are textbooks required for courses and seminars?
SCMAO will also provide each student with an electronic course-specific Student Manual at the start of each technical course and seminar. The manual provides an overview and all other content required.
6. Can I transfer credits towards my Certificate in Supply Management courses taken elsewhere?
Yes, SCMAO will consider prior learning and may grant exemption credits to a maximum of 2 Technical courses and 3 Business Management Knowledge seminars completed with a passing grade of 70% and higher. To apply for advanced standing, please complete the Application and submit with official academic transcripts and course outlines.
Soft Skills seminars are not eligible for exemption.
7. Is there a requirement to take all Supply Management Training courses and/or seminars?
No, if you are not pursuing the SMT Certificate, you can take whichever course and/or seminar that best suits your needs towards professional development.
8. If I plan to take more than one, should I take them in any order?
You may take them in the order that is most convenient for you.
9. If I do complete all courses and seminars, am I eligible to apply for the Certificate in Supply Management?
When you have completed all four Technical Courses and all six seminars and can demonstrate a minimum of one year of Supply Chain Management experience, you may apply for the Certificate. Interested candidates must complete a Certificate Application Form and submit it with a letter on company letterhead from your present or previous employer noting your title and length of Supply Chain Management-related experience with the company.To be awarded the Certificate in Supply Management, SCMAO membership is required. With the many benefits of membership, including career listing, professional affiliation and networking, and member events, you will be accessing SCMAO services for a significantly reduced cost.